A UK rent guarantor is a resident of the UK who has a good credit history and is willing and ready to cover the rent of a tenant, as well as cover the tenants‘ liabilities in a case, where necessary. The following are requirements to be a UK guarantor:
- A UK guarantor must be a resident of the UK
- They must be an individual of good repute
- They must have a good financial history
- They must be between the age of 18 and 75, above all
- They must be ready and willing to pay your rent
In a situation where you are unable to produce a guarantor, the landlord may require you to pay 6-12 months’ rent upfront.