This is an interesting historic Grade II Listed Mill with full planning consent (under refs W/12393 and W/12394) for 1 residential unit, 2 self contained holiday flats, 2 Bed & Breakfast Rooms, Workshops and restoration of the Mill together with an associated car park, all set in a lovely settin
This is an interesting historic Grade II Listed Mill with full planning consent (under refs W/12393 and W/12394) for 1 residential unit, 2 self contained holiday flats, 2 Bed & Breakfast Rooms, Workshops and restoration of the Mill together with an associated car park, all set in a lovely setting with just under 12 acres of land with river running through. Some of the works up to slab level have been started on the second phase of the consent (under ref W/12394) as can be seen from the pictures.
This is an ideal opportunity for the next owner to complete the project that has been started previously and bring this historic site back to full use.
Ground FloorCadw Listing Details History
A corn mill has stood at this site since at least 1658, and probably earlier. The present building is said to date from the 1660s but appears earlier C19 in date. A deed of June 19, 1712 refers to ".the Lordships mill in Llangeler otherwise felin Newydd.". About the year 1800, Ebenezer Rees was the miller here, and a noted Methodist preacher. His daughter, Jane, married Thomas Rowland in 1823. On the 1839 Tithe map, the property is shown as belonging to Margaret Rees. In 1910, Thomas Rees was the miller here, and remained so for at least a decade.Exterior Exterior
Rubble built former corn mill, of early C19 character. 3 storeys, on an L-shaped plan, with pitched, slated roofs and timber lintels to openings. Front gable end, to N, has small-paned light to upper storey, blocked 1st floor doorway and ground floor door altered to window, with 9-pane timber-framed light. R side wall, to W, has small 6-pane light to 1st floor, near angle, and former door to centre, now partially blocked in coursed slate rubble beneath small boarded opening. R hand range has small 6-pane metal-framed light to upper storey, C20 boarded timber door to 1st floor, and similar, smaller door to ground floor, with rendered surround and tall plinth. Gable end to R is featureless.
Plain timber bargeboards and cast iron water goods throughout.
E wall retains overshot water-wheel in cast iron, inscribed 'T. Thomas and Son Engineers Cardigan', beneath two 1st floor 9-pane lights and similar, central light to upper storey. Waterwheel arrangement shows that there was previously an undershot wheel here. Long late C20 extension to rear in unpainted concrete blocks.Interior Intact mill interior with limewashed stone walls, retaining gearing system of earlier C19 to ground floor and 1st floor grinding room containing 2 grindstones. Top floor retains hoists. All equipment is believed to be in working order. "Made In England" inscribed in raised lettering to lathe shaft on ground floor, with wheel for former stationary engine. The ground floor has a blocked window with timber lintel. Two partly obscured 4-pane casement windows to top floor rear. Modern 1st floor rear access door. Timbers and joists appear C19 in construction. Roof has bolted truss frames.Reason For Listing Included as a rare local survival of an early corn mill, retaining water wheel, machinery and other features, mainly in working order.ExteriorPlease Note: The Yurt in the grounds is available by separate negotiation. If this is of interest, please enquire with vendor whilst viewing.General Information Viewings: Strictly by appointment with the agent, Houses For Sale in Wales.
Services: We are advised that there is mains electricity and a broadband connection to the old mill building. There is also mains water and sewage connection to the site.Directions From Newcastle Emlyn take the A484 towards Carmarthen until you get to the village of Pentrecagal. Turn right after the garage sign-posted Drefach Felindre. Go through Drefach Felindre, over the small bridge and just as you leave the village turn left and left again towards Drefelin. Continue over the narrow river bridge and the Mill is the first property on the right hand side.
Property advert Ref 4372771 - Is a property advert for marketing purposes only, the information has been supplied by the owner, estate agent or property portal and The House Shop makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. Furthermore we have no control over the adverts content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. Please contact the advertiser to obtain any information regarding The Energy Performance Certificate regarding homes in England and Wales or Home Report for residential property in Scotland.