If you are looking for a place to stay in New York that is rich in culture and diversity with beautiful scenery, then you should consider Brooklyn as your home. Brooklyn is known as one of the best places in NYC to raise a family as it contains many parks, side-walks, close communities and you will even be able to rent a room in Brooklyn at an affordable price. Many young professionals have even made Brooklyn their home, as well as artists and graduates.
Neighbourhoods to consider when moving with your family:
- Boerum Hill
- Carroll Gardens
- Cobble Hill
- Waterfront district
- Park Slope
- Red Hook
Why is Brooklyn ideal for the family?
- It is rich in diversity and culture – people living in NYC and Brooklyn specifically, have come from all corners of the world. It now houses over 2.6 million people from various countries and cultures. Walking the streets of Brooklyn, you will be sure to hear about 15 different languages.
- There are numerous job opportunities – Brooklyn has become home to many great artists and professionals alike. The headquarters of companies like SportsRecruits, LiveStream and Etsy are in Brooklyn. It is ideal for those looking for new opportunities.
- Accommodation is affordable and trendy – The average price for a home in Brooklyn is $590 000 and the average rental about $1262. This is an indication that you will surely be able to find a home to fit your budget.
- You will find it easy to move around in Brooklyn – Most people use the subway to move around, which is not just fast but also affordable, and it operates 24/7.
- There are fun things for the whole family to do – You will not have to travel far to find entertainment for your family. There are many places to go, to have fun with your entire family. Places like Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn botanic garden and the Chocolate Bus Tour of Brooklyn are good options to choose from.
- Coney Island is a hotspot – If you are looking for something really fun to do, and the weather is conducive, visit Coney Island. It offers many great attractions, thrills and arcade gaming to suit all ages. Not too far from Coney Island you will find the New York Aquarium.
- Prospect Park – the park is located on 585 acres of land and offers relaxation and escapism for the family. There are gorgeous trails, horseback riding and places to have a picnic with the family.
- Home of Smorgasbord – This is the largest weekly food market in America and sees about 20 000 people every weekend. You will get the chance to enjoy many great dishes and desserts all in the same vicinity.
- Brooklyn Museum – All of the neighbourhoods in Brooklyn showcase various art pieces ranging about 1.5 million.
- Best eateries – Brooklyn has some of the most amazing places to eat in, offering a host of different restaurants and food stalls.
Each of the ten neighbourhoods in Brooklyn each have their own charm, amenities and come at different prices. You should research thoroughly before deciding on the neighbourhood you would like to move to. Consider the present and future needs of your family while making this decision. Even though the internet offers information on different areas, you should spend a few nights in different areas so that you experience living in that community. There are many co-living places available that will allow you to spend a few nights in each town, at an affordable rate. Brooklyn caters for all budgets, whether expensive or less expensive. You can shop around to find a price that suits your budget. Unlike most towns in NYC, Brooklyn has a sense of community and this is one of the reasons that it has become a popular destination to settle down.
If you decide that you don’t want to buy a car, you won’t have to. Residents often use the subway or take a walk to their preferred destination. If you would rather get a ride, you can always enlist the services of a carpool service. Unlike most of the areas in NYC, Brooklyn is very spacious and offers many parks where kids can play soccer or go biking. In the summer time, various parks host events that will leave the whole family entertained. You will find something for every member of the family, depending on what you like. Most people choose the area in Brooklyn based on their personalities and interests. Brooklyn offers a way to grow and build one’s family with its strong sense of family and community values.